2018 BeatleBay Policies and Procedures
By registering with BeatleBay or by simply buying or selling items with us, Buyers and Sellers agree to the following Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulations*.
*subject to change without prior notice
1. Anyone can buy items on BeatleBay but you should first register with us.
2. A prospective buyer submits a request to purchase an item. After request is received and verified, item is placed 'on hold' by BeatleBay.
3. BeatleBay notifies seller that a buyer has been located. If buyer is located outside the continental USA, seller will determine actual shipping/insurance charges. The shipping charges are added to the sales amount payable by the buyer.
4. The buyer sends all payments directly to BeatleBay. This must be in the form of a money order, cashier's check or bank wire transfer. We now accept VISA and Mastercard payments via PayPal for USA domestic customers. See item 13 for additional information on VISA and Mastercard payments. Personal checks will not be accepted and will void the sales contract. Payment must include the seller's shipping/insurance charges.
5. Once payment is received, it is deposited into BeatleBay's non-interest bearing escrow account.
6. Once funds are secured, BeatleBay then notifies the seller that funds are received and cleared, then instructs seller to mail item to buyer. BeatleBay forwards buyer's mailing address to seller.
7. Since BeatleBay assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged mail, sellers should always pack their items to minimize damage risk which could occur during shipment. BeatleBay recommends double-boxing all items to reduce damage risk. A tracking number is required for all mailing of merchandise. Seller agrees to purchase a tracking number for all shipments and communicate that number to BeatleBay once shipped. Tracking numbers are available from the United States Postal Service, United Parcel Service and Federal Express.
8. All shipping costs such as packaging materials, delivery service fees, merchandise insurance and all other related costs are the responsibility of the buyer and seller.
9. Once buyer receives item, buyer has 48 hours to notify BeatleBay that the item is satisfactory or not. If buyer does not notify BeatleBay within 48 hours of receipt of merchandise, the buyer, by default, agrees the received merchandise is satisfactory and BeatleBay will mark the lot as 'sold'. BeatleBay will then mail payment to seller within 3 business days.
10. Since BeatleBay will not have items to examine in person, BeatleBay cannot guarantee that every item sold on BeatleBay is 100% authentic although you can be assured that our panel of experts have done their very best to weed out the junk. Since BeatleBay assumes no responsibility for counterfeit or bootleg items sold, it is the buyer's responsibility to make the final determination of authenticity during the buyer's inspection period (see item 9). However, all Beatles autographs listed on BeatleBay are guaranteed to be 100% authentic. We feel that BeatleBay's unique authentication service coupled with our buyer inspection period provides a service like no other company can offer. Buy with confidence!
11. BeatleBay has NO buyers premium. The price listed is the price you pay!!! The only additional costs are shipping charges.
12. Buyers agree to pay for their purchases within 5 business days of sale with a money order, certified bank check or by bank wire transfer. Due to the long delay in receiving overseas mail, overseas customers must pay by bank wire transfer or express mail delivery within 5 business days. Bank wire transfer customers are charged an additional $18 fee per wire transfer to cover our $18 bank charge for receiving wire transfers.
13. You may now pay us securely using any of 4 major credit cards through PAYPAL.COM PayPal is now an Ebay® company so you can rest assured it is extremely secure! We now accept credit card payments via PayPal for Domestic and International customers! PayPal is a totally secure way of paying for your Beatles items and it is simple to use. After signing up with PayPal you simply direct your PayPal payment to Sales@BeatleBay.com Click on the logo below for more information or to sign up with PayPal.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We can only accept Paypal payments from clients who have Confirmed Addresses. Currently, all international clients cannot use Paypal to pay for their purchases; international clients must send payments via Bank Wire Transfers. Until Paypal changes their current procedure to allow international clients to have confirmed addresses, we must insist on payment via Bank Wire Transfers for all international customer purchases. International customers who have purchased from us numerous times in the past can continue to pay using Paypal. If BeatleBay does not adhere to Paypal's strict seller policies, procedures and requirements, BeatleBay loses all Paypal seller protection coverage. Please contact Paypal directly if you would like more detailed information on this issue.
14. BeatleBay Layaway Plans: BeatleBay now offer buyers a layaway plan for expensive items they wish to purchase over time. Our Basic Plan: you pay 1/3 down, with 1/3 due in 30 days and the last 1/3 due in 60 days. Our Custom Plan: we can accommodate our clients needs by allowing up to 10 months to pay off a purchase. Items must be at least $1,000 to qualify for the layaway plans, and at least $2,000 to qualify for a 6 month layaway. Important Note: we cannot offer any refunds, exchanges or returns on any layaway purchase! Don't ask!! If the buyer does not honor the layaway contract after making payments to BeatleBay, BeatleBay has the right to retain 100% of the amount already paid to us. We will not reimburse any buyer for any amount already paid towards a layaway purchase if they choose to stop making payments for any reason whatsoever. This change is effective January 1, 2005. Additionally, for all items purchased using our Layaway Plan, we cannot honor our 48 hr. inspection period nor our standard return policy since the item could have been sold to another party within the layaway plan period - thank you.
1. Anyone can sell items on BeatleBay but you should first contact us via email with any items you wish to sell. Please send emails to SALES@BEATLEBAY.COM We typcially accept consignments for 6 month periods. Items normally sell within 6 months.
2. Please send along any photographs you have along with detailed descriptions of all items. Please note any flaws as Condition of each item is extremely important to note!
3. BeatleBay receives the request and will proceed to examine the item and determine it's authenticity. Items deemed to be counterfeit, bootleg, questionable in nature, or excessive in price will not be listed on BeatleBay. BeatleBay reserves the right to reject any item for any reason and will notify the seller of such. BeatleBay will have items to examine in person. We feel that BeatleBay's unique authentication service coupled with our buyer inspection period provides a service like no other company can offer.
4. Once an item is accepted, the consignors must ship their items directly to BeatleBay. Once recieved, BeatleBay will photograph the items, write up detailed descriptions and list on it's website.
5. Sellers must sign a Sales Exclusivity Contract with BeatleBay. This means sellers cannot offer their item(s) for sale with any other brokers or use other selling methods for at least a 6 month time period. This time period is negotiable and will be determined at the time of listing. In return for exclusivity, BeatleBay provides advertising of your item(s) to thousands of potential BeatleBay clients.
6. BeatleBay assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen mail. Sellers should always pack their items to minimize damage risk which could occur during shipment. BeatleBay recommends double-boxing all items to reduce damage risk. A tracking number is required for all mailing of merchandise. Seller agrees to purchase a tracking number prior to shipment and communicate that number to BeatleBay on the day merchandise was shipped. Tracking numbers are available from the United States Postal Service, United Parcel Service and Federal Express. Since BeatleBay assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged mail, the seller is urged to purchase insurance with the delivery carrier to cover the actual value of the merchandise in case of damage or loss during shipment.
7. BeatleBay does not charge any listing fees. You can list your items for free on BeatleBay, plus your items stay online until they sell !! What could be easier?
8. Consignors and Sellers pay a structured commission to BeatleBay on all sold items beginning January 1st 2018. This structure is as follows: $10 to $1,000 - BeatleBay charges a 30% commission. $1,001 up to $10,000 - BeatleBay charges 26% commission. $10,001 and up - BeatleBay charges a 20% commission. Sellers may elect to be paid by company check or by PayPal secure services.
9. BeatleBay can get more for your Beatles items than any other selling method!! We are time proven, again and again. We now have over six thousand clients worldwide!!! We provide the best method for selling your original 1960s Beatles memorabilia than Ebay and all other Beatle websites combined!!! BeatleBay now gets over half a million website hits per month, so you can rest assured your items will get maximum exposure!!!
BEATLEBAY REGISTRATION REQUEST
Please send an email to REGISTER@BEATLEBAY.COM to join our Fun Website and get a userid and password to access our Beatles Reference Library, where you can see the largest collection of original 1960s Beatles Memorabilia in the world!!! Please include the following information with your email. Thank you for joining the web's best Beatles Memorabilia Store!!!
First and Last Name:
Business Name (If applicable):
How did you hear of us?
Please note: All personal information received by BeatleBay will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be released to any other party for any reason. After submitting your registration and upon successful registration, a unique User ID code will be emailed to you from BeatleBay which you must use to buy and sell. Please allow up to 24 hrs for processing of your request. If there is an item which you would like to purchase immediately upon completion of successful registration, please state this in the comments field above and we will process your request on a first-come, first-served basis. Thanks for joining BeatleBay !!
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble submitting your registration information.
Please allow ample time for processing of requests, thank you!